- Download Curriculum Vitae
- Download Short Curriculum Vitae
- Chang-Shing Lee (IEEE Senior Member) received the Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Information Engineering from the National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan, in 1998. He is currently a Professor with the Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National University of Tainan (NUTN), Taiwan. He was the Director of Computer Center from February 2006 to July 2011, and Dean of Research and Development Office from January 2011 to July 2015. He also co-organized
TANET 2010 (General Co-Chair) and
FUZZ-IEEE 2011(Program Chair) during his Director of Computer Center term. He
handled the university assessment affairs of NUTN in 2011 and assisted Ministry of Education (MOE, Taiwan) to deal with the
gender equality event and state compensation of The Affiliated School for Students with Hearing Impairments of National University of Tainan (2013/10-2015/1) to implement University Social Responsibility (USR) during his Dean of RD Office term. Since Sept. 2007, he has assisted MOE to establish the
platform of remedial instruction for students from elementary schools and junior high schools. In addition, since 2009, he has first held Human vs. Computer Go Competition at many IEEE CIS / SMC-flagship conferences, including
FUZZ-IEEE 2009 (Korea),
IEEE WCCI 2010 (Spain),
IEEE SSCI 2011 (France),
FUZZ-IEEE 2011 (Taiwan),
IEEE WCCI 2012 (Australia),
FUZZ-IEEE 2013 (India),
FUZZ-IEEE 2015 (Turkey),
IEEE WCCI 2016 (Canada),
FUZZ-IEEE 2017 (Italy), and
IEEE SMC 2017 (Canada). In 2015, he co-organized
TAAI 2015 (General Chair) and
IEEE CIG 2015 (General Co-Chair). In 2017 and 2018, he utilized the resources of Taiwan's academic institutes and research institutes toco-invite
Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Director Yann LeCun and
Dr. David Fogel (IEEE CIS President, 2008-2009), respectively, to visit Taiwan and to give public speeches in Taiwan. It is hoped to speed up Taiwan's AI industrial development and real-world applications.
- His current research interests include artificial intelligence, adaptive assessment and self-learning, intelligent agent, ontology applications, Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), fuzzy theory and applications, and machine learning. He also holds several patents on Fuzzy Markup Language (FML), ontology engineering, document classification, image filtering, and healthcare. He was awarded Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of IEEE Standard 1855TM-2016 (IEEE Standard for Fuzzy Markup Language). In addition, he was awarded Certificates of contributions to Human and Smart Machine Co-Learning and contributions to FML-based Machine Learning Competition for Human Prediction and Applications on Game of Go awarded by IEEE SMC 2017 and FUZZ-IEEE 2017, respectively. He was a keynote speaker of Intelligent Agents Symposium of IEEE SSCI 2017 (Hawaii).
- He is IEEE CIS High School Outreach Subcommittee Chair in 2021 and 2022. He was IEEE CIS Content Curation Subcommittee Chair in 2020 and Summer Schools Subcommittee Chair in 2018 and 2019. He was IEEE CIS Tainan Chapter Chair (2015/8-2017/7), IEEE CIS Emergent Technologies Technical Committee (ETTC) Chair (2009-2010), and ETTC Vice-Chair (2008). He is also an Associate Editor or Editor Board Member of International Journals, such as IEEE Transactions on Games (IEEE Transactions on Computational Intelligence and AI in Games, IEEE TCIAIG), Applied Intelligence, Soft Computing, Journal of Ambient Intelligence & Humanized Computing (AIHC), International Journal of Fuzzy Systems (IJFS), Journal of Information Science and Engineering (JISE), and Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII). He also guest edited IEEE TCIAIG, Applied Intelligence, Journal of Internet Technology (JIT), and IJFS. According to Google Scholar, Prof. Lee has published over 150 papers and his papers' cited number on Google Scholar is over 3400. His h-index and i10-index are 28 and 61, respectively.
- Prof. Lee was awarded the outstanding achievement in Information and Computer Education & Taiwan Academic Network (TANet) by Ministry of Education of Taiwan in 2009 and the excellent or good researcher by National University of Tainan from 2010 to 2017. Additionally, he also served the general co-chair of 2015 IEEE Conference on Computational Intelligence and Games (IEEE CIG 2015), the general chair of the 2015 Conference on Technologies and Applications of Artificial Intelligence (TAAI 2015), the program chair of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems (FUZZ-IEEE 2011), and the competition chair of the FUZZ-IEEE 2013, the competition co-chair of the FUZZ-IEEE 2015, FUZZ-IEEE 2017, 2016 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (IEEE WCCI 2016), IEEE WCCI 2018, and IEEE WCCI 2020.
- He is also a member of the Program Committees of more than 50 conferences. He is a senior member of the IEEE CIS, a member of the Taiwanese Association for Artificial Intelligence (TAAI), and the Software Engineering Association Taiwan. He has been a member of the standing committee of TAAI for over five years and one of the standing supervisors of Academia-Industry Consortium for Southern Taiwan Science Park from 2012 to 2013.